5 pieces of advice to improve your professional website
Anouk Jodry, 2019/04/09
Content, design, usability, speed, UX... Subforce sums up 5 essential subjects good to know to improve your web page.
1. Content production: relevant & memorable
Focus on providing added value to your content, tackling useful topics for your customers, speaking specifically and illustrating with examples and photos. Think twice the formulation of the titles, so as to generate curiosity and lead to a desire to read more of it.
An original & interesting text is also memorable. You don’t only succeed in awaken the interest, but also you are leaving a lasting impression on your customer in behalf of being different from what they usually read.
It is crucial to present your business’ concept in a clear, simple and specific way. Don’t use metaphorical speech, just come to the point, with simple words, and accessible prose. And keep in mind that a simple message is a powerful message.
Organize your text, medias, etc...
2. Structure your content
Why do you want a structured content?
Having a clear presentation allows finding information easily, therefore enabling to be much more efficient. This is why it is essential to organize the information, more so if you have a great deal to explain and expose. Don’t let your reader being overwhelmed with irrelevant detail in your web page.
How to structure the content of a web page?
List the elements you have, and gather it by topic, to finally write it down like a scheme. Once you have a scheme, it is nearly easy to elaborate the corresponding menu for your website. The menu has to be accessible and intuitive. It should reflect the actual architecture of the website.
3. Graphic design: about user-friendliness and aesthetic
Once you have found the structure, it will be much simpler to elaborate a satisfying design. Theoretically, it is a step that always comes after the content creation. The design must fit the content and not the other way round.
Here are a few rules you should be aware of :
- First, like said before, it must represent and fit the navigation tree, so as to be intuitive. Your customer should not even think about how to navigate. It should flow naturally if the design was insightful.
- Then, it should also fit the content. Balance is required between important titles and text, less relevant content, images, videos, etc… Use well space and assign it proportionally to the importance of the information. For instance, a title should occupy a significant place, while a paragraph should appear in smaller. Also, select carefully the appearance and textures of the buttons, links, etc… It helps to understand what can be click in the interface.
- Finally, when it comes to design, it goes hand in hand with aesthetic. Your website will be more persuasive and will give more confidence if it is attractive and creative. It should convey the values and emotions associated with your brand, in order to empathize with your potential customers.
Professional and beautiful design
4. The speed of pages loading
One of the factors that affect the bounce rate of your web is how fast your pages are loading. Also, the slower your pages load, the likelier you’ll lose online visibility.
Here are some recommended practices to improve the speed of pages loading:
- Optimize the size of the images of all the pages
- Optimize the response time of the server
- Use the cache memory in order to load faster, from the second connection to the web page.
5. Responsive design
Make your website responsive to every device.
Why is it vital?
People increasingly connect to the internet through devices like mobiles, tablets, laptop, etc… Having a responsive website allows improving the user experience, making it more consistent. It also increases engagement and facilitates conversion. Most of the templates proposed by CMS are already configured in responsive design, therefore making processes much easier to build its own website.
Google takes into account the responsiveness of websites in the SEO determination. In other words, having an optimized website for mobile navigation positively affects your positioning.
Let us a comment